- 125g Butter
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 250g Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 25g Plain Flour
- 180ml Cream
- 100ml Coole Swan
300g Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 165.C.
- For the sweet pastry, cream butter and sugar together. Add the egg and mix well. Add the flour, do not over mix. Wrap the pastry and refrigerate.
- When rested, roll and line a 8” round tart shell and blind bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, remove the baking beans and bake for a further 6 minutes or until the shell is cooked.
- For the Coole Swan custard, mix all the ingredients together, strain to achieve smooth consistency.
- Leave in fridge for 2 hours. Re whisk before use.
- To assemble, scatter 3/4 of the blueberries into the tart ring and top with the Coole Swan custard mix, Scatter the remaining berries on top.
- Bake at 150ÅãC for about 25-30 minutes or until the custard is set.
- To check this give the tart a gentle shake and if the center wobbles like jelly, it’s ready!
Makes 1 x 8″ Tart