- 1 Store Bought Pre-Rolled
- Puff Pastry
- 4 Medium Egg Yolks
- 65g Caster Sugar
- 15g Plain Flour
- 15g Cornflour
- 200ml Milk
- 150ml Coole Swan
- Zest of 1/4 Lemon
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180.C.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into 3 equal rectangles.
- Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper and place the puff pastry rectangles on top, cover with another sheet of paper and place another tray on top. This will cook the pastry but stop it from rising.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked, set aside.
- For the Coole Swan pastry cream, in a bowl whisk the yolks, sugar, flour, lemon zest and cornflour until a thick paste is reached. In a saucepan, heat the milk and Coole Swan until warm, pour this over the egg mixture and whisk to blend.
- Place this mix back into a clean saucepan and cook over a gentle heat, stirring continuously until a thick paste is reached. Spoon this into a bowl and place a layer of clingfilm directly on top and chill.
- To assemble, whisk the chilled Coole Swan lemon pastry cream to remove lumps and place into a piping bag.
- Pipe . of the mix onto the base of the puff pastry sheet, place another rectangle of pastry on top and repeat the process and finish with the last layer of pastry.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.