Macaron Cookie Base
- 71 grams almond flour
- 117 grams icing sugar
- 53 grams granulated sugar
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
Coole Swan Buttercream Filling:
- 113g soft butter
- 240g icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp Coole Swan
- Preheat oven to 180C. Sift together almond flour and icing sugar. Using a mixer whisk together egg whites and granulated sugar on a low speed for 1 minute to combine. Increase the speed to high and beat until the egg whites form stiff, glossy peaks.
- Add the dry ingredients all at once. Gently fold together with a spatula until combined. Fill the batter into piping bag fitted with round tip.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet pipe batter into 2 cm rounds about 3 cm apart. Tap baking sheet firmly on top of counter to release air bubbles.
- Let the macarons sit out for 20-30 minutes until the tops harden slightly. Bake for about 12 minutes, cool completely.
- To make the Coole Swan buttercream, Beat together the butter and icing sugar until fluffy. Add Coole Swan 1 tbsp at a time until spreadable in consistency. Pipe the Coole Swan buttercream on one cookie and sandwich it with another. Do this for all cookies. Serve
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
To make different flavours start with a chocolate or raspberry macaroon cookie base and add Coole Swan buttercream.