Pomegranate Spice Martini
This festive take on an all-time favourite Martini is a perfect cocktail to serve at your Christmas party. Sweet, sour and spicy- a beautifully warm combination of winter flavours
More from the Creator
25ml Coole Swan
15ml Sweet Vermouth
10ml Pomegranate syrup
10 ml Cinnamon syrup
Garnish: Pomegranate seeds and cinnamon sticks
Rate this recipe
How to make a Pomegranate Spice Martini
Pour Coole Swan, gin, sweet vermouth, pomegranate and cinnamon syrup into a shaker or mixing glass with ice.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Garnish with some pomegranate seeds and a cinnamon stick.
How to make pomegranate syrup
Combine 2 cups of pomegranate juice and ½ to ¾ cups of granulated sugar in a pot and bring to the boil over a medium-low heat. Simmer for 1 minute. Allow the syrup to cool. Pour syrup into a sterilized glass jar and use.
How to make cinnamon syrup
Add 2 cups of water and 4 cinnamon sticks to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 mins, then strain the cinnamon sticks. Bring the water back to a boil, add 300g of sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Cool before using.
TIP: Festive entertaining
Hosting a Christmas party can be stressful. Here’s some tips to help you stay relaxed and enjoy the celebration:
- Good planning is key. Shop for food and drink the day or a couple of days before the party.
- Go for buffet-style food options, cold appetisers, quality finger food and charcuterie boards. Things that can be prepped ahead, and don’t require fussing and spending hours over the hot stove.
- Decide on one or two festive cocktail choices. Also, use ice buckets for chilling bottles to avoid traffic to the fridge and back.
- Decorate the house and work on your Christmas party playlist beforehand.
- Ask your family and friends to help you and don’t be afraid to delegate jobs.
Share this cocktail