Please read through this policy document in detail.
- We use a Hosted Payment Solution, in which the Credit Card data you enter is never stored on our site but is processed via Stripe Servers. We do not store your Credit Card information and all legal and compliance regulations for Credit Card data is accounted for by Stripe Payments.
Who we are?
Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for ensuring that our site is up to all modern Web Standards for data storage and security, complies with all relevant Data Protection and Data Governance laws, including GDPR requirements.
To get in contact with us about data privacy issues, concerns, questions or requests we have a dedicated Data Protection Officer who will handle any queries, please visit the contact us page and get in touch with your query.
What information do we collect?
We collect data in a number of different ways:
- Creating an account
- Searching our products
- Adding a product to your cart
- Placing an order
- Sign up for Newsletter
- Fill out information on certain pages on the site
- Contacting us from the contact page
- When you send us messages or emails
- Interact with our Social Media profiles
The following is a list of all personal information that we collect through the methods outlined above:
First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Email Address, Delivery Address, Invoice Address, Phone Number, County, Order Details and Order History, Page Views, Cart Details, Contact Messages, IP Address
‘Personal Data’ is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
At any time, you can request personal information that is stored on our systems as well as requesting it to be removed by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do we use personal information?
We primarily use your personal information to fulfil your order on our site, and to analyse, track and improves your customer experience.
We never share your personal information. It will be provided however, to our trusted delivery and third party logistic partners so that we can fulfil your order.
We do not use, unless authorised to do so, your personal information for:
- personalisation of content, business information or user experience
- account set up and administration
- delivering marketing and events communication
- carrying out polls and surveys
- internal research and development purposes
- providing goods and services
- legal obligations (e.g. prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We have a legal obligation to store order details and website usage data for prevention of fraud, crime investigation and auditing purposes.
When do we share personal data?
Your personal data is treated with the utmost confidentially and is only used to provide our services and conduct our business operations.
We will share your order information with our delivery partner, and our third-party warehouse to be able to ship your product to you and provide you with our service.
How do we secure personal data?
Our website is hosted in a secure data centre. Physical access is extremely limited. Related physical devices such as servers, routers and switches are protected by Intrusion Detection systems as well as firewalls and other security related technologies.
We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificates to encrypt any information via the internet to ensure that anybody trying to intercept it on the web will be unable to decipher it.
www.cooleswan.com is fully GDPR compliant. We have taken all necessary precautions to ensure that your data is safe and secure.
All our employees are fully trained and aware of the laws surrounding Data Protection and GDPR.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
In accordance with the law, we will only retain your personal data for the period necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided to us.
If you will regularly use our service, we will keep your account open and personal information on file, this will give you the best experience on www.cooleswan.com. We will periodically review all information stored and decide if it’s necessary to continue holding this data. When it is deemed unnecessary to continue storing this data it will be erased.
We are required by law to keep all Order details for auditing and regulatory purposes, and therefore are unable to remove this from our database. We can however remove personal data at any moment.
If you have requested to have your data permanently removed from our site, we will erase all personal data we have in relation to your use of our site. Your order will no longer be associated any Orders.
Your rights in relation to personal data
Under GDPR, you have the right to the access your data and the control of your personal data, we have facilities in place to ensure you can exercise yours rights at any time. The GDPR states you have the
- the right to give and withdraw consent
- the right to access your personal data and data portability
- the right to obtain rectification and/or erasure your personal data
Under the GDPR, you must respect the right of data subjects to access and control their personal data. In your privacy notice, you must outline their rights in respect of:
- access to personal information
- correction and deletion
- withdrawal of consent (if processing data on condition of consent)
- data portability
- restriction of processing and objection
- lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
How to contact us?
If you would like to contact us for any data privacy related issues, GDPR requests, or requests to remove/retrieve your data, please get in touch with us via the email below:
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. It is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies
This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies
In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that you experience our site. When we are testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually a purchase and as such this is the data that these cookies will track. Importantly for you, we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and the cost of our products to ensure the best possible price.
- Some of our partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where necessary permit our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for purchasing.
Access to services by individuals who are underage.
Our services are not intended to people who are under the legal age to purchase alcohol, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from such individuals.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something you are unsure about, whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However, if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of below methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- By visiting this link : Drop Us A Line – Coole Swan Irish Cream Liqueur | Contact Us
- Phone: +353 46 906 0111
If you are not of legal drinking age or if you do not accept the terms of our terms and conditions or privacy statement please do not use this website. Use of this website by you will be taken as your acceptance of the privacy statement
This site is operated by Coole Swan , a private company registered in Ireland with company number 420247 and having its registered office at Otter Island; Tatestown Navan Co Meath.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement policy may change as the website develops in order to take advantage of technological developments. We therefore encourage users to read the Terms and Conditions and to check this Privacy Statement on a regular basis.